Sunday, November 06, 2005

New pictures of a still-new car

So I realized the other day when I was looking back through Katie's blog that I never posted a picture of the latest Denver Bosscher car. So better late than never!

And no, that's not actually my car in the picture, but that's what we were doing this weekend! I went to an Emergency Medical conference up in Keystone this weekend with a bunch of friends from work and we got dumped with 8 inches of snow on Friday night! So that's what the good 'old Pilot looked like in the snow.

The conference was pretty great, too. I did a cadaver lab on Thursday and was able to get some practice at a bunch of procedures I don't normally get to do. I put in a chest tube, did a cricothyroidotomy (emergency airway procedure), did a needle decompression of the chest, did a cut-down (last-ditch attempt for a difficult iv line) and even learned how to put stitches in! The class was run by a trauma surgeon and a surgical PA from Vail who both knew very well what they were talking about. I think the PA's job would be something I could do someday. He works with the trauma surgeons in the ER, but also does elective surgeries. Two medical aspects that interest me greatly. But we'll see. I think that would require me to go back to school...And we know how Beth feels about going back to school...

When I got back in town today I discovered that Hal had eaten some red gift ribbon and then barfed it back up on my bed. So everything's in the washer right now. Guess the picture of that quilt will have to wait. Now he's hiding from me because he knows he's in trouble!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I would have thought you already knew how to do stitches. Don't you have to do them as a nurse in the ER?

B said...

No, that's strictly a physician skill in the ER. But it's nice to know how to do them!