Sunday, November 06, 2005

Going once...Going twice..

Big news! I'm in the process of filling out paperwork so that I can - you guessed it! - buy a house! I've been looking into the option for over a year now and found the perfect house. It's out on the eastern edge of Aurora where there isn't anything yet. The backyard looks out over a huge, empty field with grass and sunflowers in the summer. And there won't ever be anything back there because there's a main gasline that runs through there all the way to Texas and they can't mess with it! Yippee! Over the past two years of living and working in the cities of Denver and Aurora, I've learned that I'm not really a city girl. I love the open space of this area and it's actually quiet! (Who knew that would be something I would value!)

The house currently belongs to my friend Mike, but he's moving and selling it to me. So now comes all the fun stuff like my meeting with the mortgage broker on Wednesday and moving - again. Yuck. That's the worst part. I think I've moved 7 times in the last 6 years - I can't wait for the permanency of a house of my own. (As you can tell, the "gulp" factor of my own mortgage hasn't quite set in yet!)

But I'm super excited. The house was finished in March so it's still new. There are three bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms upstairs. Downstairs there's a half bathroom, family room, living room and kitchen. And the basement is another 700 square feet that has great finishing potential. There's also a 2 car attached garage with lots of storage and cupboards that Mike put in.

So that's the latest big news out of Denver. Nothing's set yet, so I don't know when I'll close or move. But probably at the end of November/early December. Just wanted to show you all what my new place will look like! Obviously it needs some "Beth" touches, but that will come. Now for Christmas ideas. How about a new couch? :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Sheesh - have some time on your hands today, Beth? Your blogging is feast or famine!
So are you actually buying the house or are you still just adding your name to the mortgage like you mentioned before?

Gayle and Rob said...

Hey, Beth - I like it --that big open stairway area looks like a decorating challenge - hope it won't be hard to heat in the winter. I agree that it needs some color and some texture - maybe mom and dad will have to plan a visit so we can make some curtains or do some painting. Sounds like fun to me.

Anonymous said...

I like the stone on the outside... Will there meybe be a room for Bob if he decides to go to grad school in Colorado??? :) Congrats Bee... yous all growed up

Anonymous said...

House looks beautiful and comfy. Looks to me like you need some landscaping...can I help?

B said...

I'm actually buying the house on my own. It works out better that way and is the smarter way to do things. Anyone who wants to come help me paint or landscape - especially you, Dad! - is more than welcome. I've got plenty of room!