Sunday, January 15, 2006

Renaissance Woman

Today I've added another title to my repertoire: electrician. Since having my own house the jobs at which I've become proficient have increased significantly. I am now a carpenter, painter, landscaper, interior designer, maid, seamstress and electrician. Whew!


This afternoon I tackled my first lighting project and am surprised and thrilled that it's actually functional! The light above the kitchen/dining room table was pretty dim and gold in color - it so doesn't fit my decor. So I bought one with 6 bulbs and a brushed nickel finish. It looks a little high above the table in the picture, but it's not really. I wanted it a little higher than the old one so that if you move the table you don't bonk your head on the light.


I also put up curtains in the office - my "jungle room" as Bob calls it. And the curtains are up in the stairway window as are all the Bosscher pictures up the stairs.

Sheesh - this is starting to look like someone actually lives here!
My next project is to replace the ugly chandelier over the landing on the stairs. But that's a little higher up than I can reach on the stepstool! Does anyone have a ladder?

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

Sure, I've got a ladder. You can come over and borrow it anytime...the pictures on the wall look like they're dancing up the hand rail! Cute!