Sunday, September 02, 2007

The life of a salsa tomato...

Last week Joshua and I decided to give some ordinary tomatoes an extraordinary purpose - to become salsa. And who doesn't like salsa! So these little beauties went from this...

...to this...

...to this...

...to this...

Yum! Even Joffa thought it was good - or maybe it was the Cap'n Crunch he had for a snack! Either way, he did really well and played in his high chair for a couple hours while I got all the work in the kitchen done. And it turned out pretty well, too - not as blistering hot as the first time I tried it!

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

The colors are beautiful and I am envious!! Did you get the tomatoes at a farmer's market. they look too perfect for the grocery store. Save a jar for Christmas time, we'll have to do Tex-Mex food one night for sure.

B said...

Yup, I'll definitely save some for Christmas! And yes, those tomatoes actually came from the grocery store. Pretty nice, huh!