Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lately

Lately things have been routine, dependable. I like that.
I go to work. I watch Joshua. I go walking with Jessica and Benjamin. I play with Inu. I work on whatever project needs to be finished.

Today that project was canning plums. A friend of ours has a plum tree and didn't know what to do with them. So we canned them. It didn't make a whole lot, but they sure look nice.I got to relax a little today, too. Last week I bought a hammock from a neighbor who is moving. What a great buy! It has a stand and sits in the shady corner of the backyard. And since it's been so hot this week, it's nice to swing out there and read in the afternoons.
This morning Jessica and I went walking at the park that's halfway between her house and mine. We do about 1.5 miles 3-4 times a week. It's nice to have the companionship and motivation, too. Benjamin comes with us and adds a little extra workout since we have to push his stroller in the gravel path. Today he fell asleep in his usual position of feet sticking out of the stroller. He's such a cutie!
Last Saturday Jessica and I spent all day together - walking in the morning and then running errands. She babysits another little one 2 days a week, so then we both get a kid! We've come to call Benjamin "Benjamino" which I changed to "El Camino". Jessica thinks it's cute. Benjamin just smiles at everything.


----------------
Now playing: John Mayer - Waiting On the World to Change
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

the masts: justin, jessica, benjamin and philip said...

Okay, Beth, this blog entry finally makes up for leaving me out of the last crucial entry, hello: mowing the lawn?! :) Love ya! Can't wait to get in shape with you!

the masts: justin, jessica, benjamin and philip said...

As it turns out, I don't have your email address. Just go to: http://www.earthday.net/footprint and find out your global footprint. Mine's 12. If everyone lived like me, we would need 2.7 planets!