Friday, July 21, 2006

To make amends...

I was informed of a gross oversight yesterday while eating lunch with my friend Mike (mmm...sushi...). It appears that in all my excitement to relay to you what Mom and Dad and I accomplished on their visit, I overlooked one more big asset to the flooring project. So please accept this feeble attempt to remedy the situation.

On Thursday, my dear friend Mike came over for a few hours with his miter saw and created beautiful trim pieces for the awful corner angles in the hallway and kitchen. Even though it took us longer to figure out the angle measurements than it did to actually cut the wood, it was worth it in the end and it looks amazing! He also lent us some muscle so we could move the fridge out of its little corner - much appreciated.

So this is my thank-you to him, and now everyone else knows that he gets a little credit for the floors, too. And I'm glad you still read the blog, Mike.

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

I am indebted to Mike for figuring out that half of a 45 degree angle is 22.5 degrees!

B said...

Haha! He still doesn't like to admit that I was right about that one!