Friday, July 21, 2006

Ealasaid


I love languages. Learning new words and phrases that roll off your tongue in a completely new and different way thrills me. And today I learned a new variation of my name.

My friend Seth and I went to dinner and saw Superman Returns - MUCH better in 3D IMAX! He's very Scottish and speaks Gaelic. In fact, he hopes to return to Scotland someday, and I will absolutely be visiting him there.

We got to talking about Gaelic words and he taught me my name. Elizabeth in Gaelic is Ealasiad - pronounced el-a-setch. And it sounds even better in Seth's brogue! So now when we work in the ER he said he's going to call me that. How cool!

Oh, and his name in Gaelic is "Heh". Mine is so much better!

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

OK, Eelsalad, it's been 2 months! Surely you've done something worth telling the fam about...How about it, Beth? Dish a little...