Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's A Hard Knock Life


It seems that lately all I've been doing is work: hospital, hospital, ambulance, hospital, ambulance...
So I figured I may as well show you what I've been up to! This picture is of me and my friend Kim - one of the many great nurses I work with in the ER. Even though we stay busy and work hard we still find time to have fun. Fondly referred to as "shenanigans" by one of our charge nurses!
It's been pretty busy lately. I think one night I worked last week we saw 40 ambulances from 7p-7a and 225 patients in 24 hours - that's a lot! But busy is good. It makes the nights go by much faster. Especially last night. We were down quite a few nurses and by 3am I was the only one manning the Specials pod - a section of 11 rooms that usually requires 3 nurses to run. We usually have 4 patients, but I was proud of myself for keeping 7 rooms open all night. And the doc appreciated it too!


Here's more of those shenanigans - this is our secretary Andrea who was small enough to fit behind the paper shredder and fish out all the crap that had lodged its way in there over the past who knows how many months! Oh, the fun we have in the ER!

4 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

I think this entry is the antidote to your "Alas, no more spring break" comments on your sibs' blogs! Fun and joy in the workplace is where you find/make it. Some days, work is just work. On those special days, work becomes a hymn of praise to God and we find great joy. And that, Bob, is when you know you're on the right path!

bob said...

what if that hymn of praise just seems out of tune? I know, joy in all of life, not just the good times, but I guess sometimes I get so frustrated with my work (usually because it's not doing what I want it to) that I know it must just be an off key hymn sometimes. Its just frustrating sometimes.

B said...

You do know that this is your daughter Beth's blog, right? I mean you've always called me by my sisters' names, but never Bob! :)

bob said...

I think it was just a reference to a conversation that we were having. Though I do remember being called Beth before... just a slip of the tongue with two B's in the family...