Wednesday, March 08, 2006

House Becoming Home


My painting projects are finally complete, and if I do say so myself, they look pretty snazzy! I painted the red wall in the family room and the master bedroom and bathroom. I also accessorized - yes, I am a true girl - and now everything matches and looks very put together! And I decorated the guest bathroom that until now, had just a clear plastic shower curtain in it. Progress!






Cousin Michelle and my friend April came over to help me with the bedroom. Most of our time was spent just on the taping - my least favorite part. So their help was much appreciated. Plus April kept us entertained with interesting questions like, "Would you rather be eaten by a coyote or a dog?" Thanks, April.




Next on the list is furniture - like a couch and kitchen table and guest bed. But that, too, shall come.

7 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

My goodness - we're getting quite colorful here! Looks like you had fun - is April a friend from work or church or neither? I never heard you mention her before.

B said...

She's a friend from church and hilarious! We had a great time.

bob said...

lookin good bee... is there room there for me to stay? (I just might be able to catch a plane to Denver for a week this summer... :)

B said...

Absolutely! You know you're always welcome out here!

Gayle and Rob said...

Looks great, Beth! I'm going to have to show you how to paint w/o tape. I think you're ready to learn the nuances of the painter's trade! This summer...July work for you?

B said...

Absolutely! How's your deck-building talents? I'm just about done with the plans to submit to the "design committee". Oh the joy of an HOA.

Gayle and Rob said...

Careful with the HOA stuff! Yer talkin' to a board member here... did you find out how far down to dig the post holes?