Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Holy Crap, It's Cold!


Yikes! Denver is in the midst of some of the coldest weather we've had in a long time. So cold that windshield wipers on the ambulance keep freezing and when you walk outside your breath freezes in your nose! Just to prove that I'm not kidding, here's a picture from my car thermometer.

Don't worry, I wasn't driving when I took the picture. I kinda thought this next one was funny. I have a tire pressure sensor in my car, so whenever any of the tires lose pressure or go flat, it let's me know. Well, tonight it was so cold that it showed all four as being flat! Ha! I checked them and they were all fine, but I guess the whole air-molecules-become-denser-as-temperatures-drop theory is actually true - I wouldn't know, I hated physics.


Anyway, we got about 3 inches of icy snow today and are supposed to get more tomorrow. It wasn't really fun driving emergent all the way to Boulder tonight, but we've got some great EMT's who really know how to drive in the snow. I'm just glad the lady we transported decided not to have her baby in the back of the ambulance after all...

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

You didn't tell me you wanted a hand-knittd nose warmer for Chirstmas. Let me see if I have any more peuce yarn left and I'll whip one up for you.

Katie said...

Oh, come on. You didn't want to deliver a baby? For the lady's sake, I'm glad she waited, too. It makes a nice story for the kid some day, but it's not too nice for mommy when it's happening. Warm hospital bed is much nicer.