Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ahh...Moving...

Ah, moving. The joy of a new house, the pain of unpacking boxes. The excitment at rediscovering things that haven't been used in a year, the frustration in tripping over the empty boxes and not having room in the garbage can for them. Lugging all your "stuff" into trucks and hauling it across town, realizing your new house is big enough to hold it all...and still has too much empty space.

Needless to say, I've got all my stuff in the house, but it isn't all unpacked yet. My friends Jason and Jake helped me last Saturday morning and we ended up getting it all done in just two trips with their 2 trucks and my car! And then Michelle came over and helped me with a little unpacking. But now it appears that I'm really in need of some more furniture. Oh well, good thing I'm in no hurry.

Thought I'd leave you with some pictures of the house as it is now - that way you can appreciate it as it evolves!



The kitchen...



...the living room...



...the office...




...at least my bed is all unpacked! And ready for sleep...

3 comments:

bob said...

hooray Bee! I'm so happy for you!!! I can't wait to come out to Denver and see it... and see you in two weeks at home!

Gayle and Rob said...

Hey, Beth, it looks really nice! Eager to see it someday ---maybe next summer??? Save some painting for us!

Katie said...

Bob, dude - it's down to ONE WEEK.

I recognize the table runner but not the table - has that been in storage?

Looks nice, Beth. Even with the clutter.