Sunday, October 30, 2005

Beth, Domestic?

So although I've never been the Katie-type with the beautiful quilts and awesome sewing skills, or the Emily-type with the creative costumes and show-stopping props, I feel pretty proud of myself this week. My roommates requested the use of my sewing machine and limited tailoring skills to help them with their Halloween costumes. They had a party to go to and Jake wanted to go as ladybugs. Megan went along with it and I pitched in with the sewing. The final product turned out pretty cute and I was pretty proud of myself! And I think Jake and Megan had fun being ladybugs, too!

And then after I finished their ladybug costumes, I finished a blanket that I've been working on for the last two years. I made it with all my old t-shirts from high school and college that I never wear anymore, but didn't want to get rid of. (I'll try to post a picture of it later.) So even though it doesn't happen very often, I can be domestic! Just don't expect it regularly...



3 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

Well, I'm proud of you. For doing it - and even for attempting it. Did you have a pattern? When it's something that someone is going to wear for one night, fit and durability aren't key issues, so costumes are a great way to enhance your sewing skills. Good for you Beth and I'm sure your friends appreciated it.

Katie said...

I've been toying with an idea I saw a few weeks ago for a blanket made from old blue jeans. I think it would make a good picnic blanket because it would be sturdy - and probably dirty already anyway!

MLE said...

Hey! Nicely done! I've been thinking about a t-shirt quilt myself lately--all these plays are filling up my drawers mighty quickly with all the t-shirts. Maybe I'll use you as some inspiration!