Tuesday, September 07, 2010

It's About Time...

I figured since it's been over a year since my last post, I should probably update this thing! I think I get lazy since I put all my updates on Facebook, but here's an update for those of you still following!
This past weekend cousin Michelle, our friend April and I went camping up near Basalt, CO. We were in the White River National Forest on Chapman Dam and it was incredible!We went hiking, fishing and just relaxed around the lake. We originally had a pretty crappy campsite with no trees and no place to put a tent, but the camp host let us move and our view of the lake was so worth it!
Of course we made Tonka pies for supper - and even found a great new dessert combination: raspberry pie filling and dark chocolate! I think Dad would like that one!

Sunday we went hiking on the Henderson Trail toward Josephine Lake, but I wasn't feeling very well so Michelle and I only did about a quarter of it. I've had this nasty cold for the past week and hiking up at elevation was not helping it!

Monday morning I stayed back at camp and fished while the others went for another hike. I caught 4 lake trout after a very nice man gave me some advice on what bait to use. It worked! April and Michelle didn't believe me when I told them what I caught until I showed them. Those were some good looking fish! Hmmm, I think I'll grill them for dinner tonight...yummm..

The weekend before was the Susan G. Koman 3-Day for the Cure in downtown Denver. A bunch of girls from work and I were on the medical team and cheered on the 530 walkers who walked 60 miles in 3 days and raised over a million dollars for breast cancer research. Woo-hoo!

The pink tent city at dusk. A very cool experience to see 400 pink tents all lined up like that.

Ami, our fearless leader (and the girl I ride motorcycles with!) We had a blast!

The rest of the girls from work: Janice, me, Robin and Cheri.

Well, I think that's a pretty good update! Hopefully I won't wait another year to post on this thing...

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

Perhaps the blogs are old-fashioned now, but I still like seeing the pictures and reading the commentary. Thank you. I don't think we've put anything on our blog in a long time either, so no guilt for anyone.